Music is therapy for the soul and can help improve cognitive skills. Apart from the health-related benefits, pick any musical instrument and watch how your life transforms instantly. For recommendations, you can pick the yamaha dgx650b that has been reviewed at www.musicradar.com. This musical centerpiece provides you with a plethora of benefits including the following.
Playing piano improves your reasoning skills and cognitive abilities. No wonder then that parents encourage their children to learn piano from an early age.
1. Sharp memory- Research states that playing piano increases the number of neurons in your brain. These are specialized cells that transmit nerve impulses responsible for coordination in the body. This means your memory power increases, and you can quickly rattle all the phone numbers of your friends without looking up the directory.
2. Effective multitasking skills- When you play the piano, you have to pay equal attention to the keys, the music sheet, and even the foot pedal if you are using one. You find that it is easier to multitask between jobs.
3. Increases awareness- You develop a keen sense of musical awareness by training yourself to identify different notes and pitches while composing tunes.
Playing piano requires the use of both hands and one foot which can lead to a better body image. Before you imagine a chiseled look, here are the benefits you gain.
1. Better hand-eye coordination: A pianist uses his fingers to form different tunes at the same time. If you are a beginner, you have to look at the notes constantly. All these actions require rapid hand-eye movement and coordination.
2. The rise in HGH- Also called the Growth Hormone, HGH is synthesized in the body and aids in cell reproduction leading to growth. It is observed that children who took to playing the instrument at an early age had the HGH developed better. This helped the kids stay youthful over time and prevented the onset of age-related diseases.
3. Strengthens hand muscles- All that you need to play the piano are a set of agile fingers and flexible wrist. By practicing piano regularly, you have contributed to improving the overall strength of the hands.
Few people play piano for the sole purpose of connecting with people and enjoy the contentment that comes along.
1. Handle criticism – Constructive criticism and feedback from music teachers helped children react effectively. They know what kind of reaction would elicit a good response and they are in a better position to deal with criticism.
2. Make friends- Playing a tune in front of a large gathering relates to social participation. You make new friends, interact with other like-minded pianists and increase your general awareness.
3. Improves linguistic skills- To be a good piano player, you must know how to read the notes and translate them into meaningful music. Individuals who were trained in music expressed better reading and vocabulary skills.
There are few classical tunes like Chopin’s Revolutionary Etude that help in relaxing the mind leading to clarity in thinking. Other benefits include a decrease in signs of depression, loneliness, anxiety, and increase in self-esteem.